Opportunity to train and work as an Arborist within this growing company. Looking for the right candidate to progress with the business and be involved in the future developments.
30 Apr 2019
- Working week
- Monday - Friday 7.45am - 4.45pm
- Total hours per week: 40.00
- Weekly wage - £156.00
- Expected apprenticeship duration - 2 years
- Possible start date - 06 May 2019
- Apprenticeship level - Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Reference number - VAC001510591
- Positions - 1 available
Woodgate Trees are working in collaboration with The Focus Training Group to recruit and train an Arborist Apprentice to work alongside the company Director Phillip Woodgate to continue to provide a highly respected level of tree surgery to customers.
Full training will be provided for the suitable candidate
Requirements and prospects
The successful candidate will have the ability to work safely in a pressured environment.
Passion for the sector and a willingness to invest in learning is a must. You will also need to be reliable, trustworthy and have ambition to succeed.
Ideally the successful candidate will have grade A-C at GCSE or Equivalent.
Great opportunities to become and integral part of the company and continue with future training as required.
Things to consider
You will be working outdoors in all weather conditions and at height.
What attributes do you feel you could bring to this company?
About the employer
Employer - Philip Woodgate
Disability Confident - Employer is not registered as Disability Confident
Description - Currently settled in Plymouth, at Woodgates trees we are ready to put our skills and knowledge at your service. We believe in retaining trees wherever and whenever possible as we believe that we owe it to ourselves to manage trees responsibly. We’re committed to make a difference, by providing good advice along with the most professional and friendly service to all our customers.
Training to be provided
The following licence to practice qualifications would be required prior to end point assessment:
• Level 2 award in emergency first aid at work
• Level 2 award in safe use of brushwood chipper
• Traffic Management (NRSWA Unit 002 Signing, Lighting and Guarding) OR Sector Scheme 12D
• Level 2 award in chainsaw maintenance
• Level 2 award in crosscutting timber using a chainsaw
• Level 2 award in felling and processing trees up to 380mm
• Level 2 award in accessing a tree using a rope and harness
• Level 3 award in aerial tree rescue operations
• Level 3 award in aerial cutting of trees using free fall techniques
• Level 2 award in safe use of mobile elevated work platform
• Level 3 award in use of a chainsaw from a Mobile Elevated Work Platform (MEWP)
• Apprentices without Level 1 English and maths will need to achieve this level and take the test for Level 2 English and maths prior to taking the end-point assessment.
Apprenticeship standard - Arborist
Training provider - Focus Training And DCET Training
- Leah Flanagan